Xcite is an initiative designed to inspire, connect, and support Connecticut’s women in the process of leading the next wave of innovation and entrepreneurship in our state. Hosted by the University of Connecticut, participation will help female innovators:
- identify key areas of opportunity for innovation and entrepreneurship;
- develop skills critical to launching and leading innovative and entrepreneurial projects and ventures;
- connect with peers, resources, and support services in Connecticut’s business community.
Xcite will close the gap between the large corporate leaders and Connecticut’s developing entrepreneurship ecosystem. Recognizing the need for greater innovation throughout our state, we will connect women entrepreneurs to their peers in Connecticut’s largest firms throughout the health sciences, financial services, and technology sectors of the economy.
Xcite is a member of UConn’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Consortium which provides a university-wide view of pertinent programs, initiatives, activities, funding, and courses. Please visit www.entrepreneurship.uconn.edu for information and opportunities.
Through this initiative, the University of Connecticut School of Business seeks to engage a diverse group of Connecticut’s accomplished and promising female business leaders. An annual event and this website are designed to help and inspire women and corporations to tap into the power of creativity and innovation to fuel continued business growth, while simultaneously bringing value to women who are in the process of launching and leading their own high growth companies.
Who Should Attend?
- Entrepreneurs in high growth fields
- Emerging corporate leaders interested in entrepreneurship & innovation
- Leaders of innovative and entrepreneurial corporations
Date: September 16, 2016
Location: Crowne Plaza Stamford, 2701 Summer Street
Price: $75 for individual ticket
Corporate Sponsorship & Tables: Available through Sara Mahoney, Assistant Director of Corporate Relations, UConn Foundation, (860) 486-5677.